Fireside offers a variety of gifted services. Including Self-Contained Gifted Program grades K-6, Gifted and Talented preschool, cluster grouping and content replacement. For more information, visit the district gifted website.
Gifted and Talented Preschool
Gifted Education Preschool Questions
For more information, please contact Community Education at (602) 449-2200 for registration details.
Gifted Preschool to Kinder
- Please see the Gifted Program Pathway chart posted to the district gifted resource page.
- Gifted Dept. will schedule testing for students currently in our gifted preschool program.
- Gifted Dept. will schedule testing, based on request, for students entering K who are not in our gifted preschool.
- If my child is in the gifted preschool, will she/he automatically be enrolled in the Gifted and Talented Kindergarten?
- If my child attends the Self-contained G/T Kindergarten Program will he/she automatically move into the Self-contained Gifted Program in grades 1 – 6?
- Can my child apply for Early Entrance into the Self-contained G/T Kindergarten class?
- When will students in the PVSchools G/T Preschool be tested by the district for the Self- contained G/T Kindergarten class?
- What test does the district use for preschool students testing for the Self-contained G/T Kindergarten Program?
- Can I have my child privately tested for the District’s gifted programs?
- Why do I need to wait an entire year from previous testing to test my child again?
- Are the Gifted Preschools and Kindergarten classes working two grade levels above?
- If children attended the Self-contained G/T Preschool and G/T Kinder Programs and were learning above grade level and do not qualify for Self-contained Program gr.1-6, how do parents know that they will continue to get services at their academic level?